We are seeking an Operations Manager to manage our building products distribution center in Kansas City, MO. Kaycan is a leading North American manufacturer and distributor of exterior home building products: vinyl/aluminum/engineered wood siding, rain ware, windows, and vinyl accessories. This is a hands-one supervisor role that will manage 3 team members onsite. The candidate needs to have strong background and experience in warehouse management, knowledge of the building supply industry, and strong management skills to oversee the full scope of operations. The hours of operations are 7 am-4:30 pm.
Operations Manager will oversee all aspects of branch operations, and lead by example towards the achievement of their goals. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for ensuring superior customer service and oversee the warehouse activities to ensure timely and efficient deliveries to customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Act in the capacity as the Customer Service Team lead or the Warehouse Team lead as needed
- Work in collaboration with a Territory Sales Manager to develop a strategy for maintaining and growing sales accounts.
- Select, manage, train, and evaluate the performance of all employees in the supply center
- Resolve customer inquiries, billing issues, questions, and concerns
- Ensure customer orders are complete and accurate
- Ensure the company’s inventory control methods and credit policies are in place and followed, likewise ensure the company’s expense policies and practices are adhered to
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment by training branch employees in safe work practices, hazard identification, and compliance with relevant OSHA and Kaycan standards
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in the building products industry, including 3+ years in customer service sales and 2+ year in a supervisory position preferred
- Inside or outside sales experience in the building products industry or related industry is highly desirable.
- Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills to adequately supervise a diverse staff and interact appropriately with all customers, and employees
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation/paid personal/sick time/paid holidays
- Workers compensation insurance
If you are offered this position, it is contingent on your successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
*We are an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all expressed interest in joining our team, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.