We are the leading Canadian manufacturer and distributor of exterior building materials. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated.
This is a unique customer support specialist position where you will become a subject matter expert on our business and our products. The support specialist will answer periodic calls and assist customers in person at the order desk of our branch. The specialist will determine best methods to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to the organization’s policies.
A successful Customer Support Specialist must have the desire to learn about our business and the manufacturing industry and will be a passionate brand ambassador to our clients.
- Offer an enjoyable and positive support experience to clients.
- Respond to customer inquiries through busy walk-in traffic and via phone;
- Verify pricing and availability of product;
- Supply and inform clients of pricing, credit terms as well as entering orders in system;
- Prepare and process invoices in accordance with standard procedure;
- Collect payments for cash account orders;
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues;
- Process special materials orders in accordance with standard procedures;
- Maintain customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database;
- Address client inquiries regarding status of orders, payment, refunds, etc;
- Forward customer leads to appropriate sales personnel;
- Actively participate in annual physical inventory count;
EXPERIENCE AND Qualifications:
- An innate desire to become a subject matter expert of the organization’s policies, procedures, practices, products and services.
- Proven customer service skills in order to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers;
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (order desk) is a huge plus!
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; French and English
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills;
- Technical skills; knowledge of MS Windows and Office a must
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced busy environment;